Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Lapse

Well I haven't written in a while because I was doubting myself and what I was doing. Ok and I was a bit depressed. My husband is in NOLA doing a great job with the oil spill stuff (so proud) and I love my kids but not having backup really sucks. Not to diminish law enforcement officials I can totally see how when the chips are down knowing you have a partner close by and taking care of your six makes you feel better. My kids have been swimming machines and that means super tired at night which is good but the grumpiness starts around 5 and I try to keep them up until 8 so they aren't waking up with the roosters. So of course they bug each other like good siblings do and sometimes I am super tired too so my patience is very thin. So they are upset at each other and I am tired so I just want to cry or scream...so instead of having my backup here to step in...I use the TV. Yes I am one of those moms. Actually I use the TV and the DS (not the DSXL which I am hoping to get soon for me!). I just need some me time...to drink my tea (yes hot in the middle of summer) and not hear any bickering. Some may criticize me but most of those people have their partners with them ALL the time and I learned several years ago when my husband was deployed that sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

No comments:

Post a Comment